[ltp] linux mandrake on a thinkpad T30

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:53:55 -0500

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 08:07, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 07:56:19 -0500, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> > I am having a similar problem with Md 9.0. I can connect to the
> > Internet by either modem or DSL but cannot set both up such that I
> > can connect to either without doing a new set up. This translates
> > into I can set up the system for a modem and everything works fine
> > for the modem or I can set the system up for DSL and everything works
> > fine for the DSL but I have not been able to set the system up for
> > both a modem and DSL connection and then later connect to both - one
> > at a time.
> >
> > I have found that when I do set the system up for modem and DSL with
> > the DSL side connect-able but not connected that I can dial out on
> > the modem and log-on to the network but that no browser or email
> > client was able to see the network.
> >
> > All I can say with certainty is that there appears to be something
> > blocking one connection or the other when both are set up.
> >
> > Please note the appears part of the above statement as I do not have
> > DSL availability except one a month and when I have access to a DSL
> > line I do not have access to a phone line so setting the system up
> > and testing is a wee bit on the difficult side.
>
> Sounds like you just have to set up a proper default route.

How?

I have my one chance this month to test the system on a DSL line tomorrow=
,=20
Wednesday 12 Mar 03 and then of course I will then have to wait until I=20
return home to test the modem or do that before I go.

The reason I ask how is that I have already tried virtually every combina=
tion=20
that I can think of and then had to delete the setup as the system would =
not=20
work on both.

Thanks

Frank