[ltp] Mandrake 9.1

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 12:51:53 -0500

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 11:13, Buchan Milne wrote:

> Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> > Was Re: [ltp] linux mandrake on a thinkpad T30
> >
> > There was some vague reference to replacing the screen in Md with a
>
> common
>
> > theme for both KDE and Gnome on the Mandrake site and since both KDE =
and
> > Gnome are being updated the question arises:
> >
> > Does an update replace one original screen configuration with a new o=
ne?

> What "screen"?=20

There was a vague reference on the Mandrake site that Mandrake was going =
the=20
way of RH setting the GUI for both KDE and Gnome to have the same appeara=
nce.

Also if one looked at the package request this was a very hot item with=20
numerous request for KDE and Gnome to have the same screen.

This is something I strongly detest although I prefer them to be somewhat=
=20
similar I prefer to immediately look at a screen and know where I am at a=
nd=20
what I am doing thus different screens appearances.

What I was asking in short is will KDE and Gnome have the same appearance=
 and=20
if so will one be able to modify this appearance easily.

Thanks
Frank=20