[ltp] linux mandrake on a thinkpad T30

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 08:23:23 +0100

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 12:58:55 -0500, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2003 12:04, Tino Keitel wrote:

> > > How?
> >
> > Your ppp daemon should set up a default route if you dial out via
> > modem. If not, the pppd option "defaultroute" is missing. Maybe it
> > doesn't set a default route if there is already one. You have to do it
> > by hand if this is the case.
>
> Thank Tino
>
> I am sure that given a few hours with both a standard phone line and a DSL
> line I would be able to figure out how to do this. It is not a big deal that
> way. Unfortunately I do not have this option.

The problem is that you didn't give enough details, error messages when
you try to ping an internet IP and a hostname, detailed firewall
configuration etc., making it really hard to find the right solution
for your problem.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG