[ltp] Modem and Ethernet

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 06:46:14 -0500

Hi All and especially Tino

The especially Tino is because I have been debating a Ethernet plus modem=
=20
connection with Tino for over a month.

It looks like somehow last night not only did I accomplish my objective o=
f=20
downloading Mandrake 9.1 rc2 but somehow I messed up and solved the=20
connection problem between the modem and Ethernet connection. Sure wish I=
=20
knew what I did to solve that issue but that being besides there is still=
 one=20
part of that issue that is outstanding.

If I desire to connect to the internet by modem I have an icon on the use=
r=20
screen that allows easy connection.

But if I desire to connect to the internet using Ethernet from a user scr=
een I=20
must do the following:
=46rom the K Menu -> Configuration -> Mandrake Control Center -> Enter ro=
ot=20
password -> Network & Internet -> Connections -> Click Expert Mode ->=20
Configure Local Area Network -> Activate Now
with the same procedure being followed to disconnect.

Does anyone happen to what program the "Activate Now" button is activatin=
g and=20
its location?=20

Thanks
Frank