[ltp] Red Hat 8.0 with R31

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:50:11 -0500

Honestly I would get Mandrake 9.1. 8.0 is ANCIENT, and especially behind the
times in terms of X. I think that version is still using something like XFree
3.3.x or something, which had LOTS of problems with and was basically totally
hapless at suspend/resume. You also have really buggy support for PC Cards,
USB, APM in general, etc. Besides there are HUGE improvements in applications
since version 8.0 (which is around 2 years old at this point). Do yourself a
huge favor and don't even mess with it.

--
Tod Harter
Giant Electronic Brain