[ltp] Thinkpad T22 sound problem

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 17:59:47 EST

I just bought my first Laptop, a Refurbished IBM ThinkPad 760EL. I am running
Windows 98SE, V92 Modem with 80Ram, 2.1 HD.20XCD
It seems to have a tic or repeating sound at times that is fixed by rebooting
the system. I have run it through the IBM check and it passes.I reinstalled
AOL and that seems to have fixed it- I don't know for how long.
Overall, I am very impressed with this model. For its age it downloads
smoothly and surfs the net as well as works offline.
That said, now I know that I am Hooked on IBM/Laptops.
Any advice would be appreciated, even on purchasing a new Laptop what to look
for.
Thanks
Rick