[ltp] Thinkpad R31 pointer madness

Tim Sutton linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:33:19 +0000

Hi All

I have recently reinstalled my machine so I could downgrade it from woody=20
unstable back to woody / stable (and to rearrange my partition structure a=
=20
bit). In my previous installation, I had the well know mouse pointer proble=
ms=20
with the R31 nicely sorted out. For this installation, I have compiled=20
numerous variations of both linux 2.4.18 and 2.4.20 with and without both a=
pm=20
and acpi, but I just cant seem to shake the buggy mouse problem.  I have ev=
en=20
used exactly the same .config file which worked without problems in my=20
neccessarily something to do with the way I have build my kernel.It also do=
es=20
it under all my installed gui environments (fluxbox and kde) so I am assumi=
ng=20
it is not a window manager specific issue. Does anyone out there have any=20
sage advice on how I can resolve this?

Many thanks=20

Tim

=2D-=20