[ltp] lm_sensors and T23

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:10:33 -0500

>The IBM Thinkpad models listed as being incompatible with the lm_sensors
>package does not seem to have been updated in a while. Does anyone know
>if the T23 Thinkpad has this problem?

The ThinkPads don't work with lm_sensors, as they don't have the right kind
of sensors for the current code base.  I believe when the kernel ACPI code
is done then lm_sensors will be able to use that, but I think that will be
a while.

New versions of lm_sensors should just error out and exit if they see an
IBM ThinkPad.   Old versions of lm_sensors may fry a chip on your
motherboard, so be careful.

Pam