[ltp] TCPA on Thinkpads

Edi Weitz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
19 Mar 2003 12:39:15 +0100

Frank Roberts - SOTL <sotl155360@earthlink.net> writes:

> > This chip is not intended to "spy" on you.
>
> Since these types of chipd do not add to the performance or security
> they are definitely not being placed in the computer for the users
> benefit.

They _do_ add to the performance or security if properly used. Have
you actually read the articles I pointed to or are you just spreading
mis-information for some other reason?

Note that I'm strongly opposed to most of the DRM stuff out there and
especially to the plans for a "trusted platform" MS seems to have. But
that doesn't necessarily make any chip which has a "security" label
attached to it evil.

Edi.