[ltp] TCPA on Thinkpads

Greg Herlein linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:47:15 -0800 (PST)

> This chip is not intended to "spy" on you. It might in fact be rather
> useful in some cases. IBM has some very good information about it
> (including a GPL'd Linux driver) here:
>
>   <http://www.research.ibm.com/gsal/tcpa/>

Is it possible to get this chip after the fact - ie, can I buy it
and install it on my ThinkPad?

Greg

---
"First they came for the Communists, and I didn't speak up, because I
wasn't a Communist.  Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak
up, because I wasn't a Jew.  Then they came for the Catholics, and I
didn't speak up, because I was a Protestant.  Then they came for me,
and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."
  -- Rev. Martin Niemoller, 1945

Here, today, they come for people from "predominantly Moslem
Middle-Eastern countries."  Who is it tomorrow?  When will they come
for you, and will you have someone to speak up for you?