[ltp] Re: Bootable CD

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:27:03 -0500

Thanks Richard

If can not make bootable CD but must make bootable images then it probabe=
ly=20
would be prudent to ask the real question.

I downloaded Mandrake 9.1rc2 and then proceded to copy it to disk by use =
of=20
the previously mentiones command and by XCDRoast.

In short it will not boot the box to start installation; Md 9.0 which I h=
ave=20
as a commerical box set does.

Assumming that the download is perfect - it was done over a line that is=20
better than a T3 - does anyone have any thoughts on what is going wrong.

Thanks
Frank

On Wednesday 19 March 2003 18:51, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> > One can copy a CD image from HD to CD by:
> > cdrecord -dev=3D0,2,0 -speed=3D12 -data <file name>.iso
> > for a data iso on my Thinkpad
> >
> > One can likewise make a bootable floppie by:
> > dd if=3D/dev/fd0 of=3Dboot.img bs=3D8192
> >
> > So, how soes one make a bootable CD?
> > cdrecord -dev=3D0,2,0 -speed=3D12 boot.img <file name>.iso
> >
> > I know well at least I think boot.img has to be in there somewhere.  =
So