[ltp] Bootable CD

Thu, 20 Mar 2003 11:44:22 +0100

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 18:51:06 -0500, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> One can copy a CD image from HD to CD by:
> cdrecord -dev=0,2,0 -speed=12 -data <file name>.iso
> for a data iso on my Thinkpad
>
> One can likewise make a bootable floppie by:
> dd if=/dev/fd0 of=boot.img bs=8192
>
> So, how soes one make a bootable CD?
> cdrecord -dev=0,2,0 -speed=12 boot.img <file name>.iso
>
> I know well at least I think boot.img has to be in there somewhere.
> So how does one do this?

A little bit off topic, but:

You have to use mkisofs and remaster the ISO image using the files from
the CD image and the -b option with the image of the bootable floppy.
This will create an "El Torito" ISO image (search for "eltorito" in the
mkisofs man page).

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG