[ltp] T40 / Pentium M and Linux

Richard linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 14:31:57 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Derek,

One thing you can do is try out Knoppix (www.koppix.net) as a means of
testing the machine. It's a bleeding edge distro, which runs from CD ROM.
So, you could test the thinkpad in a shop, or when it arrives without the
need to "damage" anything. You'd then have a better idea whether it works,
without making it unreturnable.

Hope that's slightly useful, even if it doesn't directly answer the
question.

Regards

Richard