[ltp] T40 / Pentium M and Linux

Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:12:28 +0100

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 09:14:01 -0500, Derek A. Rogillio wrote:

[...]

> According to Intel, the Pentium M supports an "advanced SpeedStep"
> function, but I can't tell whether this will respond the same to the
> normal SpeedStep functions.  I'm also unclear if the 855PM chipset
> requires additional kernel level support.
>
> The model I am interested in includes the Phillips 802.11a/b wireless
> card, but I can't find anything about Linux drivers for it.  The same
> goes for the on-board Gigabit Ethernet NIC.

It was reported that Knoppix loads without problems on another machine
using Intels new Pentium M and chipset. There is a kernel patch (from
Alan Cox IIRC) to add support for IDE DMA transfer modes with the
chipset.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG