[ltp] T40 / Pentium M and Linux

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:23:22 -0500

All of you witness the hypocricy of the system. If this isn't unfair=20
discriminatory trade practice, benefiting Microsoft, then what would be? =
I=20
respect both IBM and Microsoft's right to make money, but for the non-MS =
OS=20
version of a product be nothing more than a rumour. What kinda kaka dat b=
e?

On Thursday 27 March 2003 01:10 pm, Pam Huntley wrote:
> >Finally, IBM should be flamed for not allowing us to buy ThinkPads
> >without a pre-installed OS.  If my work hadn't paid for it, I would
> >have selected a model from the only suplyer in this country that sells
> >laptops whitout a pre-installed OS.
>
> It's my understanding that if you call up a sales rep and talk to the t=
hem,
> you can buy a model with a "DOS Entitlement Certificate" (or something =
like
> that), although it doesn't come pre-installed.  It's not on the website=
,
> but I know they do this for special bids and I was told it should be
> available for anyone.   Of course, that's just word of mouth, but it's
> worth a shot.
>
> Pam

--=20
Tod G. Harter