Windows tax (Re: [ltp] T40 / Pentium M and Linux)

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:28:19 -0500

> I've never been able to afford a new one (*ahem* education budgets
> *ahem*).  The only thing I really dislike about my newest used Thinkpad=
 is
> simply that it's too darned heavy.  The 770Z isn't exactly the lightest
> laptop on the block - though the used price was EXCELLENT. The subnoteb=
ook
> that Lindows is peddling (sans MS-tax) is looking pretty attractive rig=
ht
> now.

Yep, I know. I've never had a new laptop in my life, but the A20p is grea=
t.=20
But nothing lasts forever. I want to get the next one new and without bog=
us=20
extra cost. I could care less about Microsoft if it wasnt for them suckin=
g=20
money out of my pocket when I need none of their stuff.
--=20
Tod G. Harter
Giant Electronic Brain