[ltp] A31p *or similar*

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 15:05:36 -0500

|---------+--------------------------------------->
|         |           Richard Jelinek             |
|         |           <rj@petamem.com>            |
|         |           Sent by:                    |
|         |           linux-thinkpad-admin@linux-t|
|         |           hinkpad.org                 |
|         |                                       |
|         |                                       |
|         |           03/28/2003 02:32 PM         |
|         |           Please respond to           |
|         |           linux-thinkpad              |
|         |                                       |
|---------+--------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                           |
  |       To:       linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org                                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [ltp] A31p *or similar*                                                                   |
  |                                                                                                           |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've purchased an A31p recently and spent the last week configuring
it. Model seems to be 2653-N5G.

 - internal modem
->the modem is the Agere Softmodem, which doesn't have an official driver
relased yet.  I hear rumors of the smartLink driver working, but that sure
is a nightmare if you try to get support (they won't support their
competitor's hardware).

What is the status with lm_sensors for this model?
->lm_sensors doesn't work on any of the thinkpads, at least not until ACPI
is actually working at the kernel level.

Has the A31p also the internal encryption hardware?
->from the IBM support site, it does appear that your model has an IBM
Secure Chip

Also, any hints how to utilize the 6 TP Keys
->tpb - http://freshmeat.net/projects/tpb/