[ltp] Display problems with suspend on Thinkpad 380xd

Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:31:11 +0200

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 10:21:16 -0500, Dwaine Gonyier wrote:
> It uses a Neomagic card (don't remember which one).
> Right now, I am just using text consoles. I want to use
> X on demand, i.e. start it when I need it, otherwise shut
> it down.
>
> I assume that a text console doesn't use a framebuffer.
> I think I compiled the kernel with framebuffer support
> (doesn't X need that?).

I had a similar problem on my 765L (trident hardware). Try to press
Fn-F3 (to go to standby) and any key after that (to resume from
standby). It brought back the display on my 765.

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG