[ltp] Display problems with suspend on Thinkpad 380xd

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:32:01 -0500

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:16:10 +0200
Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@innominate.com> wrote:

> - What graphics hardware does your 380xd use?

He's got a Neomagic chipset - 128XD, I beleive.  My 380XD's at home right
now.

BTW - the 380XD can be made to suspend and/or hibernate reliably.  It's
probably something in his custom kernel, as stock Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0 both
suspend/hibernate and resume reliably from X or the console.

The Fn-F3 (standby mode) trick *might* work on his machine, but it didn't
help me.  Upgrading from Redhat 7.1 (or recompiling 7.1's kernel with
different options) to 7.3 fixed it on my 380XD.

Maybe we could dig out the differences between kernel options between Red
Hat and Debian?

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  College Chemistry website: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/