Windows tax (Re: [ltp] T40 / Pentium M and Linux)

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:48:22 -0500

> What happened when you tried Pam Huntley's suggestion?
> "It's my understanding that if you call up a sales rep and talk to
> the them, you can buy a model with a "DOS Entitlement Certificate" (or
> something like that), although it doesn't come pre-installed.  It's not
> on the website, but I know they do this for special bids and I was told
> it should be available for anyone.   Of course, that's just word of
> mouth, but it's worth a shot."

I'll TRY it the next time I want to buy a machine, but its a pretty sad j=
oke=20
when the product is a RUMOUR, and alternative that we're legally entitled=
 to=20
is unavailable, thats all. These are unfair practices in restraint of tra=
de=20
and I see no reason why the corporations involved shouldn't be punished f=
or=20
that sort of practice. Its fine to make money, but you have to play by th=
e=20
rules. After all corporations are PUBLICLY CHARTERED and in return for th=
eir=20
grant of rights and priviledges they need to live by the law. This entire=
=20
country is going rapidly down the tubes and it amazes me to see how unwil=
ling=20
people are to stand up for their own rights.=20

"He who will not defend his freedom will be a slave."

> At least meet IBM halfway and *try* to order. :-)
>
> Steve (My errors and omissions.  All mine.)

--=20
Tod G. Harter
Giant Electronic Brain