[ltp] Cisco Aironet 350 MiniPCI card WORKING on T30

Ben Ransford linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 May 2003 00:10:53 -0400

Hi all,

I just got my new T30 to work with the internal Cisco Aironet 350
MiniPCI adapter.  Having tried just about every possible combination of
firmware, Linux driver, et cetera, I got this to work:

    * Red Hat Linux 9, stock kernel 2.4.20-9
    * Ian Pilcher's kernel-mpi350-2.0-1 SRPM, from
        http://home.attbi.com/~pilchman/
    * Aironet 350 MiniPCI firmware v5.00.01
      (tried 5.00.03, radio wouldn't turn on)
    * /etc/modules.conf like this:
        alias eth1 mpi350
        post-install mpi350 /bin/bcard
        [ no other airo- or mpi350-related stuff ]

I understand that at least a few people are having trouble making this
card work under Linux -- thought it might be nice to report a success.

-ben

--
(* http://ben.ransford.org/ *)