[ltp] T30 with cisco 350

Herbert Szumovski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 03 May 2003 17:33:48 +0100

Hi Jon,
the aironet proc interface was specifically mentioned in the kernel
parameters (in the old aironet card support). So I use the default
Aironet 350 drivers which were delivered with RH8 (not the drivers from
the Cisco website, especially not because they do not support RFMON mode)
AND I opened the old AIRONET config part, but activated
there only the "Aironet /proc interface".
If you need more detail, I can take a look into my kernel parameters
(I use it now since more than 6 months and forgot the details).
However, a good reading is the new airo-linux mini howto:
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~npetroni/airo.html
See also here, especially at the lower half:
http://www.goonda.org/wireless/aironet/
I use the card also in promiscuous mode with kismet and ethereal
(http://www.kismetwireless.net/) which works fine (the Cisco's have
a builtin channel hopper, you don't need kismet_hopper).
Cheers, Herbert