[ltp] Mwavem driver: some observations

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 May 2003 22:49:52 -0400

On Sun, 4 May 2003 12:03:21 -0700 (MST)
"M. Leo Cooper" <thegrendel@theriver.com> wrote:

> I can't hear the modem dialing or the connect sounds.

A known (at least around this mailing list) issue.  It's not a real
*problem", so I don't think the developers are that concerned with fixing
it.

If you *really* want to hear the modem sounds, don't load the sound
drivers (cs4232 module).  Odd, but I've observed this on two different
systems (600 and 770X).

> It takes quite a long time to connect -- 30 seconds or more.

It averages aoout thirty seconds here.  Thirty seconds isn't much
different than an external 56K modem I tried.

> The data transfer speed seems to be a bit faster than with my old 33k
> PCMCIA modem.

As it should be. :)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!