[ltp] Help with pcmcia on a 560z

Mon, 5 May 2003 13:20:32 +0200

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 10:08:37 -0400, nat wrote:
> Hey, I have an IBM Thinkpad 560z that I am wrestling to get Debian on
> to. The machine has no CD or floppy drive, or at least when I was
> given the maching they had been lost, so in order to install I got a
> harddrive converter and threw it (the hd) into a desktop, and
> installed from a knoppix CD. I installed a 2.4.20-xrfs kernel. Threw

Installing Knoppix on a system you want to work with is not a good idea
IMHO. Since it is not a real Debian, the package management will go
crazy if you want install updates (lets say, security updates) or
additional packets. Knoppix is1 an excellent distribution, as long as
you leave it on the CD.

Just to save you from worries.

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG