[ltp] Mwavem driver: some observations

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 May 2003 19:47:29 -0500

Thomas Hood wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-05-05 at 04:49, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 4 May 2003 12:03:21 -0700 (MST)
>>"M. Leo Cooper" <thegrendel@theriver.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I can't hear the modem dialing or the connect sounds.
>>
>>A known (at least around this mailing list) issue.  It's not a real
>>*problem", so I don't think the developers are that concerned with fixing
>>it.
>

> At http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm#secmodem
> I say:
>     If you are using the ALSA sound drivers then to hear
>     the dialup cacaphony you must set the "DSP input"
>     volume up high and enable the IEC-958 (a.k.a. 'S/PDIF')
>     output.

On my 770Z, I don't hear the modem the first time after a boot up.  However if I
restart the modem (with "/etc/rc.d/init.d/mwaved restart") after a suspend, then
I can hear it.

--
  After Armageddon, there will be only three things left: Kudzu vines creeping
  over the ruins, Cockroaches feasting on the blackened ashes, and somewhere