[ltp] Minor reboot problem with RH 9.0 on tp 770z

Tue, 6 May 2003 08:46:39 +0200

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 14:41:45 -0400, Charles E Taylor IV wrote:
> On Mon, 05 May 2003 13:18:48 -0500
> Chris Hoekstra <chris_hoekstra@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >I'm running RH 9.0 (actually the Cheap Bytes version, "Pink Tie
> > >9.0") on a 770z.
> > >
> > >Rebooting gets me back to the "Thinkpad" flash screen, where
> > >things freeze. It doesn't go the the Grub boot menu. Turning off
> > >the power, waiting a few seconds, then powering up again brings
> > >things back to normal so I can boot up again.
>
> I wonder if this is a BIOS setting / version issue, because my Thinkpad
> 770Z seems to reboot fine - running Red Hat 9 (downloaded).

I had this problem on my 765L after I started using a framebuffer
console instead of a text mode console. Maybe it's somewhat related.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG