[ltp] Good specs for 'powertweak'?

MITCHELL MALTENPORT linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 06 May 2003 16:19:22 -0400

> > Can anyone suggest for me what useful -- or dangerous --
> settings might be with this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> Why did you installed it if you don't know what it does?

I know what it does -- allow for optimization of performance based on
varying individual settings -- and I know that there's always the
potential for screwing up the system.  In that way, it's much like
hdparm.

Using hdparm, I check other web pages and reports to find out what
useful settings are, and what risky ones are.  Haven't found the same
yet for powertweak, and was wondering if anyone on the list could
advise me.