[ltp] Thinkpad model differences

Steve Barr linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 07 May 2003 20:02:56 -0400

Tom Hoover wrote:
> Can someone help by pointing me to a site where I can compare the
> features of older Thinkpads?

If you download this PDF, there is a comparison chart
around page 143-149 for the T2x series.  Either a T or
possibly an R series is the best fit for your shopping
list.
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4UYM3F

> FYI- the features that I'm looking for are:
>
> MUST HAVE:
> DVD (preferably internal, but might consider external)
> USB port (one is fine)
> PCMCIA (one is fine)
>
> Nice to have:
> 500 mHz or faster
> Light weight / thin (almost anything would be thinner and lighter than my old Tecra)
> 3 hr battery life (so I can watch a complete movie without plugging in)
> External floppy (to help keep weight down)

I have been extremely happy using my (company's) T23.
The 14.1" 1400x1050 screen is so good, I stopped using
my desktop with 3200x1200 across two monitors. YMMV :-)

Steve
--
http://www.stevebarr.com