[ltp] thinkpad 600e

Fekete Gabor linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 8 May 2003 14:27:23 +0200 (DFT)

> Hi all,
> I have this good tp.
> I installed RH 9.0 and it works fine but doesn't ricognize audio card.
>
> Any suggestion?
> TIA
> Marco Costanzo

i have the same machine but with debian sid. anyway I compiled a nwe
kernel with the cs4232 driver compiled as a module.
then i have the following in /etc/modules.conf for the card :
alias sound-slot-0 cs4232
alias char-major-14 cs4232
options sound dmabuf=1
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=0 dma2=1 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9 synthirq=5
synthio=0x388

but of course you should change the io irq,... if you have different ones.

but you can check out this site :
 http://www.brillat.net/thinkpad600e/
I get the infos from here when I had the same problem.

I hope it will help.
bye