[ltp] xfree 4.3 on woody

Gregor Rojec-Goldmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 May 2003 21:32:39 +0200

I installed XFree86 4.3 on my T30 with debian woody. I am very happy
with it since 4.3 the radeon driver works much better than 4.2 in a
multi display environment like using it with a beamer or in xinerama
mode with an additional display.

I used Daniel Stone's backported packages, which were also mentioned in
this forum:
deb http://people.debian.org/~mmagallo/packages/xfree86/i386/ ./

The problem is that not all packages could be installed. xlib and
several others had problems:

~# apt-get install xlibs
   xlibs: Depends: libfontconfig1 (>= 2.1) but it is not going to be
installed
          Depends: libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.3-5) but 2.1.3-4 is to be installed
E: Sorry, broken packages

Any suggestions where to get the missing packages for woody?

Gregor