[ltp] PNPBIOS success!

Johnny Casey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 May 2003 09:38:08 -0500

Ken Restivo wrote:

> Secondly, I've still got strange IRQ problems. IRQ 11 is used by uhci
> and i82365. In /etc/pcmcia/config.opts, I've excluded irq's
> 3,4,5,7,11. However, my orinoco_cs insists on binding to irq 11, and
> *insists* that it is [exclusive]. Exclusive?  Then, orinoco_cs
> complains about lots of "null interrupts". Well, of course, it's it's
> sitting on an irq line that's used by tons of other things! IRQ's 10
> and 9 seem to be wide-open: nobody's using them AFAICT, but pcmcia
> cards won't go near them.
>
> Forcing modprobe orinoco_cs irq_list=10 didn't help; it still
> insisted on using irq 11. It's addicted to the thing; they're in
> love, and I can't keep them apart.
>
> And, yes, I've "setpnp 12 irq off irq off" (IBM3765 is an audio
> controller? I thought it was an FEP for an S/390!) so as to free up
> all the interrupts it was hogging. Whatever that 3765 was doing, it
> doesn't seem important to audio: sound output works better without
> it.
>
> Any suggestions?

Have you tried PS2.exe lately?  I have a TP600 and recall that there
exists and option for setting the IRQs that get assigned to various
things.  By default only IRQ 11 is available for PCMCIA slots.
Unfortunately I went through a network card or two before finding one
that worked with the shared IRQ 11.

Johnny