[ltp] Auxilliary external batteries

Kyle Hamar linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:59:22 -0500

At 5/14/2003 09:54 AM -0400, you wrote:
>Of course the 12V battery setup is still cheaper but less
>convenient.  I have seen batteries that come in nylon bags to make them
>easier to carry.

Others have attempted to provide inexpensive external batteries - to mate
with portable computers.

See http://www.desknote.net/battery.cfm

The desknote is a notebook computer replacement that uses standard
component parts without the cost of internal battery and charging
circuitry. The external battery is available when a power source is
unavailable. The batteries for this item might be converted for other uses,
and airport security is likely to appreciate the OEM look and feel.

Kyle