[ltp] distributed.net decreases processor clock to lowest speed

PSI-Systems linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 May 2003 01:01:53 +0200

> What have you tried when you've enabled ACPI?
>
> 1)  Have you tried messing with the throttling controls in /proc/acpi?
> See http://acpi.sourceforge.net/documentation/processor.html for more
details
When I load ACPI as modules there is directory /proc/acpi/processor/CPU/
with some information.
AND when I compile ACPI directly in the kernel this directory doesn't exists
AND THE CPU SPEED DOSN'T GOES DOWN!!!
Can anyone explain and give me a hint how I can prevent that CPU speed goes
down with APM or partial ACPI working?

> 2) What was the temperature of the CPU?  If there are cooling problems
> which are forcing a slowdown, you'd see it there.
As I said before: under XP there is no problem and also Linux has worked
before, but I don't know what I've changed.