[ltp] Numlock does not work

Thomas Marquart linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 May 2003 17:44:17 +0200 (METDST)

> can someone please tell me, how to get the num lock key of a Thinkpad X24
> functioning? I think this needs a modification of my xfree 4.3 config file.
> Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem with my R40, where Num_Lock is at Shift-ScrLock.
I found out the keycode, and then
xmodmap -e "keycode 77 = Num_Lock"
helps. The number may vary in your case, use xev to find the keycode.
Write this line into your .xsession or into the command-field of the
gkb-applet, as I did.

hope this helps
thomas
--
A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and
ask for it back the when it begins to rain.

(Signature generated automatically by fortune)
* thomas marquart * tom@uni-hd.de * http://tom.uni-hd.de *