[ltp] T30: Return from Blank screen

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 23:10:01 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 21 May 2003, olusola omosebi wrote:

> Well if you use your laptop on just battery power you dont have to change
> it, but i think disabling that will stop all the problem. i beileve for now
> the best i believe is "apm" and if that does not work as you would expect, i
> suggest you disable the screen blanking and save yourself the hassle

He he - actually, the issue is that the problem crops up only when you are
on battery power. and in my case (at least) my workaround work 100% for
me. In fact, it even adds a little bit of security (by obscurity) - it
takes more than just a casual key-tap to get the screen back to snoop
while I am not watching. ;-)

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@exocore.com
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 344-0397