[ltp] T30 and Dockingstation

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 13:40:37 -0400

>Pam Huntley was going
>to look/ask the relevant people on the technical details/issues involved
>in hot-undocking the laptop without having to turn it off.....but I dont
>believe anything was resolved.

Hi,

So I went back and pinged the team again, and the information they provided
me with was as follows:
<snip>
Re: hot docking/undocking, we follow ACPI specification and my lead
engineer gave me the list of references:

   1) "Implementation ACPI Docking" by Rob McKaughan / Implementation
Workshop (February 9 10, 1998 )
          http://www.acpi.info/present.htm

   This is the best one to refer how OS & BIOS make the Handshake for the
   dock/undock protocols.

   2) "ACPI Docking for Windows Operating Systems" White Paper
         http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/tech/onnow/default.mspx

   3) ACPI Spec 2.0b
         http://www.acpi.info/index.html

More deeper information is BIOS source code so we won't be able to publish.
</snip>

So, we're back to the whole ACPI problem again....  hopefully that code
will be cleaned up enough to include soon....

Pam