[ltp] Mandrake 9.1 on A22p - installation report

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 10:58:15 -0400

Hi Richard and All

Congregations you did a nice job on your website.
It does have a lot of useful information.
Unfortunately I had the inverse results.

I received my new Md9.1 disks Monday and proceded to an update the previo=
usly=20
existing Md9.0 in my Thankpad A30P.

The disk did install but there were a few problems.
1. The login screen was modified so that one could only log in by icon.=20
    No prevision was made for one to type a username to login.
    The screen where you enter the password is a different screen.
    No prevision was made to allow "root" login.
2. "root" was entered by means of the emergency boot procedure.
    "Mandrake control Center" did not exist under "root".
3. Kmail refused all attempts to setup outgoing mail; incoming mail funct=
ioned=20
correctly.
4. KDE defaulted to the Redmont screen which requires double mouse clicki=
ng;=20
attempts to find other screens were not successful.
5. Other negative issues which were not recorded.

The system was purged Md9.1 was removed and Md9.0 was reinstalled.

Question: Do others have the same issues or is this abnormal?

Thanks
Frank=20

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 10:11 pm, Richard Neill wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I hope this is useful to someone. Here's what I did to get my A22p
> working well with 9.1. It includes:
>
> - Getting suspend to work *properly*
> - Getting the trackpoint to work to its full ability
> - Many other configuration tweaks
>
> Anyway, you can find it here:
>
> www.richardneill.org/a22p-mdk9-1.html
>

> Best wishes
>
> Richard
>

> P.S. If anyone disagrees with anything I've written, please let me know=
=2E