[ltp] Mandrake 9.1 on A22p - installation report

Thu, 22 May 2003 13:16:58 +0100

Buchan Milne wrote:

> BTW, Thinkpad users should note that tpb (Thinkpad Buttons) is in
> contrib and should work out-the-box (log out, log in, and change your
> volume, and it should be displayed on-screen for example).

It does work, but be warned that if you are running it at the same time
as any 3D accelerated application on an A22p, it will crash the X
server. I've reported a bug on this. It probably works on non-A-series fine.

Also, I have
> made thinkpad driver RPMs, and tpctl RPMs, which you can get here:
>
> http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/9.1/thinkpad-2.4.21-0.13mdk-4.1-2mdk.i586.rpm
> http://ranger.dnsalias.com/mandrake/9.1/tpctl-4.3-1mdk.i586.rpm

Have you considered submitting them to Mandrake's contrib?