[ltp] Mandrake 9.1 Twiks

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 23 May 2003 11:44:36 -0400

Hi All and especially Richard.

First congratulation on the excellent web page in Md 9.1 installation on=20
Thinkpads.=20

Simply said it is GREAT.

Talking of installation configurations I have one tweaks question.

Background: The normal procedure to rename, delete, or move to trash of a=
n=20
icon in KDE is to hight light the icon and do a right click which brings =
up a=20
menu for this purpose.

There are two icons on my <user> login desktop that do not comply with th=
e=20
above procedure.

These icons have the names of: "CD-ROM mounted at /mnt/cdrom" and "CD-Rom=
=20
mounted at /mnt/cdrom2"

In the past before Md 9.0 and RH 7.3 one could rename these icons.=20
In Md 9.0 I believe these two functions came up in a window accessed on t=
he=20
desktop by another icon whose original name I forgot but which I renamed=20
Mount.=20

Prior to Md 9.1 there was no issue with renaming.

Point is the current icons use a lot of realistate, especially for icons=20
seldom uses. My estimate of realistate saved would be in the order of 1/3=
 of=20
the desktop since grid separation allocation is based on size and these a=
re=20
the allocation defining icons.

Question: How does one rename them or place them under another icon?