[ltp] changes in linux red hat 6.1, not change it

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 May 2003 16:31:24 -0700

Recommend starting with at least RH 7.2.  RH 6.1 is no longer supported
and thus if you ran into a problem you would be on your own.

If you require a minimal installation that will support OpenOffice,
Borland, Varicad, etc.) this is the recommended distro from RH.  You
might be able to use a different distro and get a smaller 'footprint'
and still run the programs you want to.

The 'footprint' for RH definately grew when 8.0 appeared.  I'm wondering
about the difference between 8.0 and 9.0 as I want to upgrade.

James Mckenzie