[ltp] thinkpad t20 modem

Michael Reilly linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 May 2003 18:37:39 -0700

I installed the latest lt drivers built from source code on my T20 running slackware 9.0 (2.4.20 kernel).  The  build went fine and the kernel modules load file without the -f - just the usual "tainted" modules message.

Do the module utilities on RH not allow loading of "tainted" modules?  If so I'd recommend that you build and use the standard module utilities which do not have this problem.

There was no problem on slackware 8.1 (2.4.18 kernel) either.

BTW - I did not have to use any extra parameters in my modules.conf file.
Mine looks like your file except for the devfs line which I commented out since I do not use devfs.

michael