[ltp] Numeric keypad on T30-2366

Juergen Stuber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 May 2003 12:14:52 +0200

Tino Keitel <tino.keitel@innominate.com> writes:
> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 15:04:29 +0200, Juergen Stuber wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> has anybody got the numeric keypad to work?
>> I.e. Fn-7 should give the symbol KP_7 etc.
>> This has worked for my previous laptops, but not on the T30.
>
> Then your previous laptops where not ThinkPads.

Excellent observation :-)
They were a Medion 9888 and a Dell CPiA 366.

> Try this:
>
> xmodmap -e "keycode  77 = Num_Lock"
>
> And now press shift+NumLock and one of the keys that have blue numeric
> symbols, and you will get the corresponding numeric key.

That works sort of, but it's not exactly what I want.
I use(d) the keypad to quickly switch between virtual screens,
so I'd rather press Fn-7 than shift+NumLock 7 shift+NumLock.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/