[ltp] R32 just poweroffs on long compiles

Stephan Herhut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 May 2003 15:17:08 +0200

Hi everyone.

I am proud owner of my first ThinkPad, a R32 with 2Ghz P4. I am using
Gentoo Linux and a Kernel (2.4.21-rc2) with newest acpi patches and also
installed the newest bios. Whenever I am compiling large things, like
XFree, the fan goes up 2 times, then gets slow again and after a short
while my ThinkPad just powers down. I think it is due a heat problem.
Using Windows XP this does not happen. Has anyone a similar ThinkPad and
experienced this problem? It does also happen using a 2.4.20 apm Kernel
as most distros have.

Help welcome.

Stephan