[ltp] Enterprise Linux WS 3 vs. Fedora 0.95?

Tue, 4 Nov 2003 11:58:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Brig C. McCoy wrote:

> So, for now, the question becomes "Is anyone using RHELWS 3.0 on a TP?"
>
> (I figure it's too much to hope for someone using it on a 600x. :)
>
>  ...brig

Well I installed ES (just the same as WS plus a few server packages)
a couple of days ago, on a T40, and it's basically OK.  I've hardly
had a chance to look at it yet, so I can test whatever you like.
Suspend works, hibernation doesn't.  Don't have a custom kernel, just
the standard shipped one (2.4.21).  Wireless card (in my case Cisco)
of course doesn't just work, but I'm guessing it'll be easily fixable.

Look out for "Professional Workstation" soon too: the same software
set at a cheaper price, retail only...

I may well end up using Fedora on this when it's released this week,
so RHEL was for testing, but it doesn't seem bad at all...