[ltp] Hibernation

Joan Roig Amorós linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 12:20:15 -0500

Hi,

I have been using Debian in a T40 for a while now (thanks to the people that
post how-to's in different web sites, and thanks to Knoppix!), and I am
really happy with it both at work and at home. There are a couple of things
that bother me, though. The first one is the lack of hibernation support: is
there a way to hibernate the system? (I have no problem going into standby,
but I guess that's a different thing) anyone tried the IBM hibernation
utility? (but I am not sure that is for Linux...). I *really* miss
hibernation...
My second (little) thing: I cannot logout KDE (or Gnome) without having my
screen freezing dark. I  go around it by logging out with CTRL+ALT+Backspace,
so it's not a big thing, but I am not sure that is the "correct" way to
logout (I have to save sessions manually, for example). Why C+A+B is
different from "Logout Joan"?

Any comments/suggestions?
Thanks!

Joan