[ltp] USB

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:00:55 -0500 (EST)

	It's been my experience that powered USB hubs are more likely to
work than non-powered hubs.  I had one that could work either way, and
caused lockups when not plugged in but worked fine when plugged in.  That
was with a desktop, though, not my ThinkPad.

	I also had a problem with a USB keychain device that didn't seem
to fit far enough past the black plastic ThinkPad casing on the T40 to
make a good connection.

	I've also had problems with the USB2 driver after a
suspend/resume, though the USB1 driver worked fine.

Aaron