[ltp] T30/T40 UltraBay HDD Hot-swapping?

Miller, Michael T. linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 18:15:09 -0500

On Wednesday, November 5, 2003 13:16:57 -0500, Stefan Farestam wrote:
>I played around with hot-swapping of harddrives quite a bit with my
>old T21, but never got it working. I have now settled for a USB
>harddisk cradle instead. I would strongly propose this solution
>since it doesn't demand any magic to get it working, and if you have
>a T40 with USB2 the speed is very decent as well.

Okay, point taken... so devil's advocate, let's say it *has* to be an =
UltraBay hard drive...

Any pointers or suggestions on where to look, or is the bottom line that =
it's all tightly bound with the BIOS and there's some proprietary =
interface that only IBM and Microsoft know about to get hot-swapping =
working flawlessly?

At this point, I guess it's more of a desirement than a requirement, but =
a pretty big desirement all the same.

Thanks.

--=20
mike