[ltp] The nipple only works after warm boot...

Benedikt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:32:43 +0100

Hi Benjamin,
I can remember that I had a similar problem when I started working with my linux laptop.
But I can't remember what in fact caused this problem. You may try to disable the agpgart module if it's enabled. If you are running a kernel 2.4.2x there exists a conflict between the radeon dri and the apm modules. If that didn't solve the problem, you should install the tpctl-packages. At last I can give you my InputDevice Section, for I assume this caused the malfunction:

--------- XF86-Config Section --------------------

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "AlwaysCore"        "true"
        Option      "CoreMouse"
        Option      "Protocol"          "PS/2"
        Option      "Device"            "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"   "true"
        Option      "Emulate3Timeout"   "70"
#       Option      "SendCoreEvents"    "true"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"      "4 5"
        Option      "EmulateWheel"      "true"
        Option      "EmulateWheelButton" "2"
EndSection

If you could solve the problem with one of these hints (or not) I would be glad to hear from you again, for I think my brain could become refreshed.

Benedikt