[ltp] [OT] Searching 802.11a/b Access Point

Oliver Beck linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 16:41:34 +0100

* Eyer Michael <Michael.Eyer@khe.siemens.de> [061103 14:49]:
> Hi there,
>
> i'm searching a good/cheap 802.11a/b Access Point that
> i can use with my T40p. I should be possible to
> acquire it from Germany because i live in Germany. :)
I assume there are some other PCs under Linux in your network you want
connect to. If so you can buy a cheap wlan pci-card with an
prism-chipset which can be used with the host-ap driver from here

http://hostap.epitest.fi/

like a access-point. It's capabilities are much greater relative to
a hardware-accesspoint and it works like a charm for me.

A good point to start reading if you want to know something about wlan +
linux:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/
and here:
http://wiki.uni-konstanz.de/wiki/bin/view/Wireless/WirelessLAN (german
only)

> I've searched a while but found only very expensive AP's. :/
>
> So if anyone can help me ... :)

HTH
Oliver Beck

--