[ltp] external monitor resolution (maybe also for T40?)

Frank Fiene linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:26:10 +0100

On Donnerstag, 6. November 2003 21:29, Tom Rockwell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A simplier external monitor question (I'm itching for a dual-head
> laptop, but the x21 still server me pretty well :-)
>
> I'd like to drive an external monitor at resolutions higher than the
> LCD  (I beleive that the x21 can go to 1600x1200 on the monitor out;
> the LCD is 1024x768.)  How would I set X up for this?  Ideally, I'd
> like to have the LCD still active using scrolling.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom
Please have a look at the ati readme in the xfree86 docs.
http://www.xfree86.org/4.3.0/radeon.4.html

My device section looks like this:

Section "Device"
  BoardName    "Radeon LX"
  BusID        "1:0:0"
  Driver       "radeon"
  Identifier   "Device[0]"
  Option        "PanelOff" "true"
  Option        "AGPFastWrite" "true"
  Option        "AGPMode" "4"
  Option        "CloneVRefresh" "70-80"
  Option        "CloneHSync" "30-98"
  Option        "MonitorLayout" "CRT"
  Option        "CloneDisplay"  "true"
  Screen       0
  Option       "Rotate" "off"
  VendorName   "ATI"
EndSection

As you can see, my A31p displays the standard resolution (no CloneMode
option) only on the external display (CRT), i think you can play with
the options to setup your needs.

I don't know if you need xinerama, i only use one display at a time.

Frank
--
uniorg Solutions GmbH - Märkische Strasse 237 - 44141 Dortmund
ffiene@veka.com - Tel:0231-9497-262